With Sera you can lock and unlock your Mac without typing your password by using proximity and bluetooth.
Sera is an iOS app that can lock your Mac automatically when you and your iPhone move away from your Mac. When you return, your Mac could either wake-up and log in automatically, or by touching a key on your keyboard — it’s up to you!
Have you ever forgot to lock your Mac when you have left your desk? Are you concerned if someone is watching you type your password, or maybe your’re tired of typing your password every time you log in? With Sera for iOS and OS X, you can let go of your concerns.
The iOS app is now on sale for just $1.99 (normal $4.99) on the App Store, while the OS X app can be downloaded for free at ignitum.io.
How it works!
This is the setup;
- Start Sera on your iPhone.
- Make sure you approve the use of Bluetooth and then swipe your finger to the left.
- Start the OS X app and allow a few seconds while the OSX and iOS apps authenticate.
- Next you will get a confirmation about the successful authentication.
- On the OS X app, type in your passeord (so that we can log you in automatically).
- Adjust the bluetooth signal strength between the iPhone and your Mac to the desired level.
- That’s it, your done!
When the bluetooth signal betweeen your iPhone and Mac is lower than your configured value, your Mac will lock automatically. When the bluetooth signal is above the configured value your Mac could either automatically wake and log in, or it can be done by touching a key your keyboard – you can configure your desired option.
Both iPhone and Mac use Bluetooth
The app’s use Bluetooth technology to measure signal strength and to lock and unlock your Mac.
Sera uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and therefore the app will not drain the battery on yout iPhone.
Please leave a comment about what you think about the app, and make sure to visit ignitum.io for more info!